This week, we’re delving into the theme of recognizing repeat patterns and cycles that can sometimes leave us feeling stuck or frustrated. It’s that classic “here we are again” moment when we find ourselves facing similar situations or circumstances.
Even though it can be frustrating to find ourselves in the same situation repeatedly, there is a space we can tap into to approach the same problem from a different vantage point. Through experience and time, we have evolved our perspective and energy, and we can choose to handle the situation differently.
If you’re finding yourself in a repeat scenario or circumstance, take a moment to reflect and yourself these questions:
- What similarities do I notice between my current situation and the last time this occurred?
- How did I respond last time, and what did I learn from that response?
- Who helped me navigate this situation in the past
- How can I use my new awareness to choose a different response this time?
By asking yourself these questions and listening to the emotions that come up, you can gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the lessons that need to be learned.
Use your new awareness to choose a different response and remember to:
- Embrace emotions and practice self-compassion:
- Allow yourself to feel the emotions that come up. It’s okay to feel frustrated, disappointed and even angry. These emotions are a part of the human experience, and they can provide valuable insights into our inner workings.
- Listen to what the emotions are trying to tell you and acknowledge them with compassion.
- Remember it’s not about blaming yourself or others for the repeat patterns, but rather about understanding and learning from them.
- Forgive and let go:
- This is crucial in breaking from patterns. Forgive yourself and others for past mistakes and perceived failures. Holding onto grudges or resentments can keep you stuck in the same cycle. By practicing forgiveness, you are releasing the emotional weight of the past and making space for what you want to emerge.
Understand the purpose fo repeat patterns:
- Remember repeat patterns and cycles serve a purpose in our growth and evolution
- The lessons and growth need to integrate fully before we can move on.
- See it as an opportunity to learn from our past experiences, make conscious choices, and respond differently.
- Recognize the purpose so that we can shift our perspective and embrace them as an opportunity for growth.
Recognizing that repeat patterns and cycles are an important aspect of our personal growth and self-improvement journey.
By reflecting on our past experiences, learning from them, and choosing to respond differently, we can break free from the cycle and create a new story for ourselves. Embracing our emotions, practicing self-compassion, and letting go of the past are crucial steps in this process.
Though, at times, it can be a hard pill to swallow, resisting the pattern by responding in a new way is worth the discomfort of paving a new path. And enables us to write a new story for ourselves.
If you or anyone you know is stuck in patterns, feeling unfulfilled, and unable to break free from patterns, I offer personalized 1:1 coaching sessions. I use various tools and techniques I’ve been trained on, including EFT, to heal and rewire beliefs and patterns. I have worked with over a dozen clients and truly love witnessing the transformation. Inquire by replying directly to this email or book a strategy call today using the button below.
Please comment and share your stories! I love hearing from you.
With love and gratitude,